Awards To be Presented at New Event “Inspire MD,” a Formal Evening at MGM National Harbor
ANNAPOLIS, MD, March 18, 2019 – Two of Maryland’s most accomplished business leaders will be inducted into the Maryland Business Hall of Fame at a newly created formal evening event now called “Inspire MD,” to be held on Tuesday, May 7 at MGM National Harbor.
The new Maryland Business Hall of Fame inductees are:
- James W. Cornelsen, President & CEO, Old Line Bank
The growth of Old Line Bank under Cornelsen’s direction is profound, growing from $10-$15 million to $2.9 billion with his leadership. Not only is Cornelsen an exemplary leader in business, but he is also intricately involved within the community he serves.
- Guy E. Flynn, Chair, Maryland Real Estate Practice, Partner-in-Charge, Downtown Baltimore Office, DLA Piper LLP (US)
Flynn has received many accolades for his outstanding professional achievements, community service and mentorship within Maryland's legal community. Along with his impressive career accomplishments, he is known for his intellect, creativity, love of the arts, music, and philanthropy.
“Inspire MD is designed to honor Maryland’s most exceptional leaders and celebrate the unique ways businesses are strengthening Maryland’s business community,” said Christine Ross, President & CEO, Maryland Chamber of Commerce. “It’s only fitting that this year’s inductees into the Maryland Business Hall of Fame are so inspiring themselves, to their employees, communities, and colleagues.”
Prominent CEOs and leaders have been inducted by the Maryland Chamber into the prestigious Maryland Business Hall of Fame since 2000.
“The contributions of these individuals over the years has always gone well beyond the bottom line,” said Ross. “They are the best in Maryland’s business community and prioritize their civic and philanthropic duties.”
In addition to the Maryland Business Hall of Fame inductees, there will be several other awards presented at Inspire MD on May 7.
Other awards will be the:
- Inspire MD Award, recognizing that workforce development initiatives are imperative to strengthening the talent pipeline in Maryland;
- Innovative Wellness Award, recognizing companies that support their employees with an innovative and engaging approach on overall health and wellness—improving the wellbeing of their employees and, in turn, the community;
- Rising Star Award, honoring an individual who has demonstrated tremendous growth, an upward trajectory, and embodies the future of Maryland business; and
- Public Service Award, honoring a singular outstanding public servant for her or his contributions to help advance Maryland’s economy and quality of life.
About the Maryland Chamber of Commerce: Founded in 1968, the Maryland Chamber of Commerce is a non-partisan, business advocacy organization that works in the legislative, regulatory, and civic arenas as a catalyst for positive change in Maryland. To purchase tickets for Inspire MD, visit https://mdchamber.org/event/inspiremd/ or learn more at www.mdchamber.org.